Friday, March 6, 2009

The Last Yuki


Yuki means snow in Japanese.
This year, there wasn't much snow in my town, Saijo.
Due to it's location, Saijo and some parts of Hiroshima Prefecture do not experience much snow like the northern parts of Japan.
But last year, we could see snow falling stayed longer and formed thick layer more than usual.
I remember we played snowball fight or yuki-gassen anywhere and people seemed to be happy with that.
According to weather forecast on March 2, there would be a lot of snow the next day and it would be the last snow this winter.
I woke up the next morning and found it was there :). Thick, so white and just beautiful. It didn't stop falling until the mid-day, let us enjoy it until the evening. I took this photo from the second floor of my apartment backyard. Poor old bicycle. Who have dumped you like that?

No comments: