Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peace Memorial Ceremony 2009 (3)

My last post of Peace Memorial Ceremony 2009. Today, the ceremony was held in Nagasaki as it was the second city suffered from atomic bomb in 1945. In the first photo shows you a story teller performing in front of children at ceremony venue.
It was quite an experience to see many people from around the world, tourists, representatives from some countries, medias, etc.
Even I met this man :). I'm not certain about who he is. Probably a traveller. First time saw him at Hondori shopping center, located not far from Peace Memorial Park. I saw him again on the bridge among the crowds.
This lady came from the US together with her group to attend the ceremony. She was lost in origami birds making when I approached her.
We could make our own paper birds, too. There were students to help us by providing origami papers, manual instruction papers.

10 comments:

Kaori said...

Henny! How are you? I love all your photo's of the memorial! Especially like the one with the Dome :)

Babzy.B said...

I love the serie about the memorial !

joo said...

Hello Henny, the wonderful series!I love all pictures, especially the one with traveller.
Have a nice weekend:)

チャイー said...

Hello!Henny,I'm Chai~
I saw your blog.It's really good.
I can feel the cultur of SAIJO from your photos,I really like your blog.

Balue'z said...

hi.........all are beautiful images...thanks for share.....

alterdom said...

Very original photo of the folded origami, very poetic

Galaxy6139 said...

Very nice and meaningful photos ^^ World needs PEACE...

I agree ^^ Love your post

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Hi, Henny...Just stopping by to see how you are, and what you are up to...I hope all is well...it looks like it has been a while since you posted...This is a wonderful post...crisp, colorful, and full of memories...a wonderful photo tribute to a dark moment in history!! Sending my love to you~Janine

Jenny said...

Ahhhhhh!! David Suzuki <3 My hero~

Tall Gary said...

I haven’t seen or heard from you in such a long time, Hennie. I hope you are doing well. Your fans wish all of the best for you wherever you are and whatever you are doing.